Sunday 24 November 2013

Birthday Message

Another year older but none the wiser, luckily I'm wise enough already.

What happened on this day throughout history (apart from my magnificent arrival) well in 1859 Charles Darwin published On The Origin Of Species. It had to be I was born on this day!


I share my birthday with William Webb Ellis, Grace Darling, Lucky Luciano, Billy Connolly, Ian Botham, Denise Crosby (the Star Trek link will not be lost on those who are devotees) and Stephen Merchant. Merchant is a comedy writer - so this is obviously a day when talent in that area was bountiful.

It's been a funny year, it has flown by in many ways and I'm still trying to make the most of the bonus time I have been granted.

For my birthday treat I shall be roasting a lamb, sacrificed in my honour.  Tomorrow I shall be attending the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham to hear the John Wilson Orchestra play songs from the golden age of the Hollywood musical. Before that I shall be eating Italian food, a meal shared with my lovely wife and my parents. Mr & Mrs B Senior are visiting us for the week so we shall have to turn the heating up as you know how cold old folks can get!

Later in the week it will be French food before another trip to the theatre, this time to see Dreamboats and Petticoats, a jukebox musical with songs from the 1950's (and before you ask that is well before my time - cheeky).

It's a busy week what with rehearsals and final arrangements for Drag Queens on the 5th December...more on that another day.

Anyway, I don't want to take up a lot of your time today, merely to thank you all for being a part of my world.

My Mitty-esque belief that my guru status is actually of use to you keeps me going you know.

Enjoy life, enjoy each other and I leave you with some birthday wisdom:

Don't stand too near the cake after your 21st birthday - those candles throw out some heat!









No comments:

Post a Comment