Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Soundtrack To Our Lives

Greetings one and all, sorry I have neglected you lately but I have been busy battling the forces of evil and if you turn your back on the buggers, they'll have you!

It is like Luke Skywalker and Goliath, little me tackling the might of the the evil empire, dark forces trying to prevent me from being the Guru you all love and trust. They even sent their nastiest agent, Darth Chris, to give me the evil eye...but here I am, and the battle will go on!

The ancient master, the emperor of this horde of black clad brigands, sits in his fortified palace in Rome surrounded by his own personal guard - but he has his tentacles feeling for new blood all around the globe.

They have to try and destroy me because they hate my message of light and freedom, they don't want you to know that you have a choice!

Darth Chris slithered into Mos Eisley Co-Op and tried to use his mind tricks on the staff telling them that a funeral is more than a eulogy and music, luckily my force was strong that day and they repelled him, very much as he repels all who meet him.

Which actually brings me to my point (Florrie will be saying 'what is he going on about'?!)

The use of music at funerals is so important, pieces that contain a message somehow relevant to the life lived or just a favourite track or one chosen to make people smile - freedom to choose, that's the key.

I note that Johnny Pearson has died aged 85, the arranger and composer was born just up the road in Chesterfield and he wrote many themes that have become part of the fabric of my own life soundtrack...

Sleepy Shores from Owen MD

News At Ten (With Bongs)

Superstars

All Creatures Great And Small

and as an arranger:

Cilla Black - You're My World

Thank you for the music Johnny, I hope some of it is played at your funeral, that'll be another dagger in the heart of the insidious and corrupt black clad brotherhood of misery.

PS - No Catholic Priests were harmed in the process of making this blog - but where there is life!

1 comment:

  1. Johnny Pearson.
    An experienced,Arranger,Composer,Conductor and brilliant pianist. His work ranged from working in early projects like the Yorke Orchestra and the Mitchell Trio, to starting Cilla Black off on her career with help with her two number 1 hits, "Anyone who had a heart" and "Your my world". Teaming with John Schroeder at Pye brought 16 albums with sounds Orchestral. Teaming up with Larry Page in the 70's and 80's brought several more albums. Then you have the Library music. We have lost a great man, who seemed to work like no other. His talent and track record will always remain an inspiration to others. Vale Johnny Pearson, Legend and all round an inspiration to others.

    David
    Canberra, Australia

    ReplyDelete