Friday 2 July 2010

The View from the Hill on Friday 2nd July

It's my nephews birthday today and we are heading south, for the first time in a long time we are going to a family function. For the last few years we have not gone to many mainly because we couldn't take the dogs and we had no one to let them out so we were limited on the time we could be away - but now we have no reason not to go, we are going.

Now I'm going to be honest - I dislike big gatherings, family or not, it is usually too loud for me and I can't hear what is being said plus I'm not very good at the politics of the thing and I manage to put my foot in it some how. Not that I don't love my family, and it will be lovely to see the nieces and nephews again, but I guess I'm just old and miserable and grumpy and given half a chance I would be out playing on the trampoline with the children.

I suppose over the course of our marriage I have often been the cause of Mrs B losing touch with people, because of my recalcitrant and stubborn nature, because I would rather it just be me and her - and it has become a standing joke that we will walk into a house visiting friends and the first thing they will say to me is "I know - you're not stopping long!"

People reading this will be shocked I know, that the man so often full of jokes and smiles is such an unsociable grump, but I am. If I were not married to Mrs B, I would probably die a very lonely miserable person - but luckily she is there and this means I will just die a miserable person.

Anyway, we will go to Peterborough and I will do my best not to be too dismal or depressing, hope it's not raining though and the trampoline is up!

Sam, Max,Tyler, Connie and Lily-Rose  -  5 - reasons to be cheerful

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks

Ian Dury

No comments:

Post a Comment