Wednesday 9 June 2010

The View from the Hill on Wednesday 9th June

Sorry I'm a little late blogging today - it was a fox who stole the keyboard and then sat on the roof with it, laughing.

I do wonder if we can get through a whole day without foxes appearing on the news? There again I just realised Fox News has its own channel!

A day for writing today, lots to do and I also have a lunchtime appointment to go to the pub - a very rare occurrence for me. I shall drink only mineral water of course.

As I look in my diary I see the first ceremony I have to write is for a Mr Fox!

It makes a nice change for me to be able to write funerals for people who have all reached a good age, of the next five I am preparing the youngest is 73 and the oldest 94 - and yet last night I was sat with a family who have lost a husband and father aged just 48.

Enough about work, what about play - I hope that tomorrow evening myself and the Junior Partner will be recording another episode of our world famous podcast - You Might Regret It.  We haven't done one for weeks and so it will interesting to see if we can still produce the magic. Well when I say we, I mean he, I do carry his meagre talent but it's nice to see him try - it's like care in the community or voluntary work for me.

Well, these funerals wont write themselves - off to jolly old work we go.

Have a nice day and I think I'll post you a nice song to listen to - now let's see....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

W Shakespeare   Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment