Thursday 12 December 2019

Hey Old Friends

Hey, old friend, Are you okay, old friend?

December 12th 2019, a date which will live in infamy....

Hello folks, it’s just me…crawling out from beneath the rock under which I’ve lain dormant for two blissfully blog free years.

Emerging into the bright light of the day, so that I may invite and entice  you to once more take in The View From The Hill.

Those of you who were unfortunate enough to follow my ramblings in the past will only have yourselves to blame for once again exposing yourself to the homespun wisdom dispensed by this former Guru, turned affable, yet somewhat annoying, idiot.

To those joining the fray for the first time…welcome.

Please do not expect too much in these early blogs, I’m a little rusty after my hibernation.

To important matters…I hope you have all been out and voted today? Please say yes, because if you haven’t, how can I spend the next few years blaming you for your poor choices!


As for myself,  I have not yet been to vote.I’m waiting until it’s dark as I think these things are best not done in the light of day.

Joking aside, this election has been tremendously divisive and I really do hope that when we get the results tomorrow, we begin to put this country back together again.

Dear God, I sound like one of them! I must have election-itis.

Moving on…

It is my intention to write a fresh blog each day, until further notice (maybe until an injunction is served or I forget)  and in doing so, to chart my ongoing journey through life, work, my not so brilliant health, my hobbies, and not forgetting the occasional rant about the state of the world.

I may occasionally drop some serious thoughts into the mix, but on the whole I just want you to read the blog and smile as you realise your problems are nothing compared to mine.

Each blog will feature an epigram taken from musical theatre songs. I apologise in advance if any Lloyd Webber splashes on your nightie. Best to wear a bib.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, popularity.


Not to brag, but at the last count, I find I have 1664 followers on Twitter (all lager drinkers obviously) , 269 followers on Instagram and 480 Facebook friends. I think that’s absolutely marvellous because in real life I only know 7 people, and none of them like me very much.


But think about this, if just 1% of you decide to peruse my jottings, that’s almost 25 people who can claim compensation for post blogmatic stress disorder.  It’ll be worth it as I think the minimum payment is 3 Groats.

Or was it goats?

I do love goats, especially fainting goats - they fall over more than I do!

Hang on, maybe they faint because they have post blogmatic stress?

You see it all makes total sense when you think about it.


I am going to try and keep each entry to around 500 - 700 words: manageable for me as a writing task each day and not too long and boring for you; but I will apologise in advance as I’m very bad at sticking to the rules.

That’s already 541 words and I’ve not even mentioned Star Trek! Please do not worry as I’ll soon remedy that.


Well, this was easier than I expected. Maybe I’m not that rusty after all?

Maybe the ability to spread electronically generated drivel is my superpower?

I must get a costume!

And so to the Star Trek reference:

Welcome aboard this latest Enterprise, what a Discovery you have made. Enjoy the ride as we journey together into the undiscovered country of our shared future.


See you tomorrow. If there is a tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment