Friday 18 June 2010

The View from the Hill on Friday 18th June

Well done to my nephew Sam and his band - How To Kill A King - they won the battle of the bands competition they had entered. Very proud making for us all.

My musical talent lies in a superb singing voice which many of you may have heard, but in younger days I did play the bass in a band - not a guitar bass, but the oompah oompah type. I think I was the only one with enough wind to blow the bloody thing.

The one thing about playing the bass is you never get any solo spots, they always went to the showy instruments like the cornet or the trombone, while you just puff along like an old steam train under the melody.

In recent times I had thought about learning to play an instrument, something like the clarinet or even the ukelele, but with my bitten finger nails, I'd more than likely end up with my fingers in shreds on the carpet. So I'll just stick to singing and in fact as I have some time on my hands today I might record another track in celebration of Sam and his victory - in fact I think the time has come for me to release an album and I think it should be an all request album so please send your requests to me. I will consider all requests except the request never to sing again!

England play their second match tonight and Mrs B and I have decided to watch it via the Sky+ again, I have even put a picture of Wayne Rooney on my Facebook page profile so as to be more supportive of the team - so come on England, lose so we can put all this fuss and nonsense behind us and concentrate on the golf from Pebble Beach!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.

W Shakespeare

Twelfth Night

No comments:

Post a Comment