Follow by Email

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

The View from the Hill on Wednesday 21st April

As I stood on top of a hill in Rotherham yesterday afternoon, it dawned on me that I should start carrying my camera with me and thereby capture the many views from hills I climb during the week. I will give it my best effort to make this happen as I'm sure my reader will like to see the results.

I could also snap views of the various graveyards and crematoria grounds, some of which are quite well maintained, others having the look of most council managed property - bland!

Yes, I feel a new chapter is about to be written as the View from the Hill gets a facelift with pictures and audio clips - because I have a new toy. My Zoom H2 arrived yesterday and as soon as I manage to work out how to get it out of the box, there will be no stopping me.

With a video camera and now a sound recorder, prepare to be bombarded with all sorts of wonderful sensory pleasures...unless you are deaf...or blind...in which case how are you reading this blog?

The house will be too busy today for me to bottom the new technology, we have workmen en route to sweep the chimney, service the fire, hang blinds and any other jobs I can't be bothered to do myself.

But that's what being middle class is all about, supporting the workers by giving them these jobs which suit their educational and aspirational levels.

And to prove a point to the BNP who are campaigning locally, I don't even care if the workmen are Polish!

I suppose the BNP might find a reasonable level of support locally, we do have a fair few Poles in the area, they even have their own aisle at Tesco with jar upon jar of pickled cabbage.

The locals, who didn't bother to stay at school because it got in the way of establishing a half decent criminal record, will be sat in their filth, smoking their fags and drinking cider whilst complaining how the 'forreners' have taken their jobs. It is laughable really, half of the idiots doing the complaining would die of shock if they had to go to work.

The other half can't even spell CV, let alone produce one.

I have to say, having risen at the crack of dawn with Jake has made me a little grumpy hasn't it - I almost feel like running to the corner shop and buying a Daily Mail!

++++++++++++++++++++++++


I stood upon the hills, when heaven's wide arch
Was glorious with the sun's returning march,
And woods were brightened, and soft gales
Went forth to kiss the sun-clad vales.
The clouds were far beneath me; bathed in light,
They gathered mid-way round the wooded height,
And, in their fading glory, shone
Like hosts in battle overthrown.

Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment