Follow by Email

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

The View from the Hill on Tuesday 30th March

There are some mornings that you wake up and bleary eyed turn on the television only to realise you are witnessing a moment of history. Something has happened in the world, something so earth shattering that you just know it can never be quite the same again.

1963, the death of John Kennedy
1980, John Lennon shot dead
1990, Margaret Thatcher resigns
2000, Redgrave wins 5th Olympic Gold

And now, here we are on the 30th of March 2010, just two days away from April Fools Day - and I checked to make sure that someone wasn't playing some terrible joke, but no...it is true.

A little shiver of fear runs through my body, how will my world change now?

How will I feel the next time? Will I be able to enjoy it quite as much now that I know?

Is it right to enjoy it? What does it say about me as a person....as a man!?

Perhaps I should just try and carry on, because you know if we change then they win.

The world may have changed for ever - but I am going to stand proud and I can look the world in the eye and say - yes, I know Ricky Martin is GAY - but I don't actually care!

All I ask Ricky is you don't change the title to He Bangs, cos I love that song.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Emo Phillips:

I once had a large gay following, but I ducked into an alleyway and lost him.

.

1 comment:

  1. i admire the way that you have made a sad day for you into a posotive funny comment at the end :( you always make me laugh uncle drew
    love liam x

    ReplyDelete